Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The Facilities Coordinator for Assisted Living performs housekeeping, cleaning, and some maintenance duties within well established guidelines for our two assisted living communities with integrity and attention to detail to present Fox Hill Village in a positive and impressive manner for our residents and guests.
Essential Functions & Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Clean assigned areas including resident apartments, offices, common areas, and garages according to written assignments using prescribed sanitary standards. This includes carpet shampooing.
- Sort and wash soiled laundry using machines daily using proper disinfection procedures.
- Empty and clean trash cans.
- Travel back and forth between White Oak Cottages and Birch Grove as necessary throughout the day.
- Manage chemical supply and inventory and train staff on proper use and storage.
- Remove debris/trash from the front of the building, driveways and all common areas inside and out.
- Outdoor maintenance including snow removal, shoveling, salting of all entrances/exits, walkways and parking lots, watering of flowers in spring, and hanging of holiday lights.
- Assist with move ins including hanging of pictures and artwork and assembling furniture.
- Observe and report any maintenance issues. Adhere to all safety policies including reporting all incidents immediately to immediate supervisor.
- Interact with residents, employees, colleagues in a positive, supportive manner.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with Managing Director, Management Team, fellow employees, residents and vendors.
- Wear clean uniform appropriately and display name badge as required.
- Adhere to all safety policies including reporting on all incidents immediately to your supervisor and/or Human Resources Director.
- Perform other duties as directed by immediate supervisor and/or Managing Director related to the organization’s mission, goals and operations.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to work in a team setting and be a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing with residents and staff.
- Possess excellent customer service and organizational skills; be friendly and polite.
Full-time, professional position requiring a flexible work schedule to effectively perform the essential functions of the job and meet deadlines, resident(s)/family needs.
Varied to include office conditions (telephone, computer, etc.)
Physical & Mental Requirements:
Critical thinking, independent analysis, and the ability to demonstrate exceptional judgment in developing sound solutions and strategies. Previous housekeeping experience as well the ability to self-manage. Combination of sitting, standing, and walking 70-80% of the time, must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Education & Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required. Two (2) years of housekeeping experience preferred. Must be able to communicate effectively using English language.
Interested persons should send their resume to: Imelda Cardona at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fox Hill Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.