Title: Life Enrichment Assistant
Reports to: Assisted Living Administrator/Guide
Status: Non–Exempt (Hourly)
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
Implementation of programs that is meaningful and engaging for the residents of Birch Grove. Continue to monitor activity participation among the residents. As residents evolve and change pursue activities that continue to engage the interest of each resident.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Any task requested by Fox Hill Village Management that helps to ensure resident safety and security.
- Assist Life Enrichment Coordinator in creating and implementing activities related to gross motor activities, self-care activities, social activities and sensory and memory enhancement activities and offering a minimum of four daily that provide enjoyment for the residents of each cottage.
- Ensure purchases for activity supplies do not exceed the budget.
- Work with outside entertainment vendors to ensure their invoices are received and submitted to Guide.
- Ensure that all activity supply areas and “self–starter” tables are kept neat,
- organized, and updated.
- Work with Guide to complete a profile of each resident, and identify activities and enrichment tools that each resident would enjoy.
- Assist Life Enrichment Coordinator in determining if any enrichment items are
- necessary as new residents move in and interest change among the current population and work with the administrator to procure those items.
- Ensure the safety of all Birch Grove residents participating in programs both
- inside and outside the cottages.
- Assist Life Enrichment Coordinator in communicating with families to ensure we have a biography and relevant information for each resident for their “spotlight week”.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ability to work in a high-pressure and demanding work environment
- Promote a positive and team-oriented work environment
- Detail-orientated with the ability to prioritize competing demands on time.
- Exceptional computer skills, with proficiency with ALIS and Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, and be on call for emergencies
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Experience working with the elderly population; knowledge and sensitivity to their needs, interests, and abilities.
- Experience working with the dementia population; knowledge and sensitivity to their needs, interests, and abilities
- Experience in planning and executing daily activities with dementia population
- Must move intermittently throughout the work day inside and outside the facility.
- Ability to walk distances throughout the facility.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting, and carrying supplies.
- Walking or standing 70%, sitting 30%.
Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter to Shannon Connell: email@example.com
Fox Hill Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and are not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.