Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The Line Cook is responsible for preparing food for residents in accordance with applicable federal, state and company standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. The Line Cook ensures that excellent quality of food service is provided at all times.
Essential Functions & Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and daily prep list instructions to meet production, delivery, and service schedules for a population with diverse needs and preferences.
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature, and is attractive and tasty at all times.
- Able to meet established food preparation times during busy meal periods.
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
- Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment, or accidents to the immediate supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and department staff meetings.
- Is ready for scheduled shift, well groomed, and in full uniform (including proper work shoes and name tag).
- Has regular, punctual attendance, uses time clock properly and takes required breaks as instructed by policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all safety policies including reporting all incidents immediately to your immediate supervisor, Food & Beverage Director, or Human Resources.
- Maintains an excellent and professional working relationship with immediate supervisor(s), fellow employees, Managing Director, Management Team, residents, guests, and vendors.
- Performs other duties as directed by immediate supervisor, Managing Director, and/or Management Team related to the organization’s mission, goals and operations.
- Responsible for the preparation of menu items as assigned by the Sous and Executive Chef(s)
- Maintains high standards of sanitation and housekeeping
- Maintains high standards of quality in food preparation by the use of standardized recipes, proper cooking methods, portion control, making sure cold foods are served cold, hot foods are served hot, reporting food needs to the Sous and/or Executive Chef in writing
- Works as a member of the culinary team and cooperate in the preparation of food with other work shifts
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekend shift(s)
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Maintains personal cleanliness.
- Literacy in speaking, writing, reading and effectively communicate in English
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions for reading recipes, resident’s orders and daily prep checklists
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and resolve issues simultaneously without sacrificing quality or safety
- Maturity of judgement and professional behavior
Physical Requirements/Core Competencies:
Ability to perform repetitive motion such as reaching, bending, stooping and hand, wrist, and body movement on-line cutting/preparing food items. Ability to lift up to a maximum of 40 lbs. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to walk and stand 90% throughout shift. Detail-orientated. Must possess understanding of cooking methods, procedures, and proper knife handling skills.
Education & Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required; Culinary degree highly preferred. At least 2+ years of strong culinary experience required, preferably in a senior living, hospitality, or similar setting.
Please send resume and cover letter to Cindi Fuller at email@example.com.
Fox Hill Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and are not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.