Title: Nurse Practitioner
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Status: Exempt (Salary)
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The focus of the FH Nurse Practitioner is specialized and holistic care of older adults along the health-illness continuum. The Nurse Practitioner is accountable to individual residents for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of individualized and evidence-based care. The incumbent communicates and collaborates with other interdisciplinary health professionals as indicated and appropriate to meet residents’ goals of care.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to lead the nursing practice in the Fox Hill Village Health & Wellness Center
- Responsible to adhere to the Board of Registration in Nursing rules and regulations, the current Gerontological Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice, the current Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice, The Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements and regulatory requirements that may apply.
- Performs holistic assessments of residents coming to the Center.
- Develops individualized wellness plans and goals in collaboration with individual residents to maximize health and well-being and help residents attain their highest level of functioning.
- Provides assessment/treatment on a walk-in basis to residents with minor illnesses and injuries.
- Utilizes effective clinical decision-making, judgment, and referral skills in providing services to residents.
- Evaluates multiple aspects of a situation to make appropriate and timely decisions.
- Utilizes NP assisted tele-health visits to address urgent issues (such as upper respiratory or urinary tract infections, skin rashes, conjunctivitis) with residents’ primary care providers to ensure safe prescribing, mutual understanding of the treatment plan, and optimal communication to improve care.
- Provides clinical teaching for individual residents that facilitates resident learning across the care continuum. Provides a learning environment characterized by safe discourse.
- Evaluates prospective residents to confirm they meet the health criteria for independent living.
- Communicates with interdisciplinary members of the health care team—the resident’s primary care provider (PCP), nurses, and health professionals of various disciplines for optimum outcomes and continuity of care.
- Clinical practice incorporates Functional Health Patterns Assessment and Evidence-Based Practice methods in providing services to residents.
- Handles sensitive and confidential matters discreetly and in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Ensures confidentiality is maintained in the Fox Hill Village Health & Wellness Center’s communications, practices and procedures, records, computers, and electronic devices.
- Responds to diversity through sensitivity to differences and preferences in providing care. Differences may involve residents/family and, also members of the healthcare team.
- Addresses ethical and clinical concerns of the resident/family consistent with the Code of Ethics for Nurses.
- Uses systems thinking to utilize environmental and system resources and identify barriers that exist for the resident at Fox Hill Village and within or across healthcare systems as they pertain to the resident’s care and goals.
- Utilizes established safety practices; ensures that safety practices are consistently carried out by all staff in the Center.
- Accurately documents residents’ health and urgent care visits.
- Works collaboratively with the Fox Hill Village Registered Nurse and other nurses in the Center to provide optimum nursing services to the residents of Fox Hill Village.
- Develops, recommends, and implements standards, care protocols, policies, and procedures for the Fox Hill Village Health & Wellness Center.
- Assumes an active role in the ongoing quality improvement measurement of the Fox Hill Village Health & Wellness Center Program services and outcomes.
- Plans and presents health education programs for residents in collaboration with the Fox Hill Village Registered Nurse.
- Provides direction and supervision for Center staff members.
- Collaborates with other Fox Hill Village health and wellness professionals (such as in the Fitness Department Vitality 360 Program) to enhance programs for residents.
- Participates in Fox Hill Village initiatives and special projects that are relevant to role and responsibilities.
- Responsibilities may require performance of tasks that involve potential for exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues
- Holistic approach to clinical practice
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication abilities
- Must be articulate, approachable, and have strong listening skills
- Demonstrated effective leadership, collaboration, administrative skills
- Astute assessment, clinical decision-making, and judgment abilities
- Analytical skills to address complex problems requiring the application of clinical, scientific, or technical principles, theories and concepts and in-depth, experienced-based knowledge
- Needs an unrestricted license from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) to engage in advanced practice nursing activities. ARPN practice activities include but are not limited to advanced assessment; diagnosis; treatment, referrals, and other modalities for individuals, groups, or communities across the lifespan for health promotion or health maintenance and for those who are experiencing acute or chronic disease, illness, trauma, or other life-altering event in which rehabilitative, and/or palliative interventions are necessary.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to prioritize competing demands on time.
- Exceptional computer skills, with proficiency with Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and be on call for emergencies
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Five years of experience as a nurse practitioner focusing on Gerontology
- Current unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Nurse/Certified Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in accordance with Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing/244 CMR 4.00: Advanced Practice Registered Nursing, General Laws of Massachusetts.
- Board Certification as an Adult-Gerontology or Gerontology Nurse Practitioner by a nationally recognized nursing certifying body
- Knowledge of nursing theories, principles, and concepts acquired through completion of a graduate program in nursing at an approved school of professional nursing
- Current Basic Life Support/Healthcare Provider
- Lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- Regularly stooping and bending
- Regularly reaching and grasping objects at, above and below shoulder level
- Regularly grasping and fine manipulation with hands
- Regularly proofreading and checking documents for accuracy
- Regularly inputting/retrieving words or data into or from a computer
Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter to Felix Rosenwasser, email@example.com
Fox Hill Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and are not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.