Summary of Job Responsibilities:
Provide exceptional service to FHV (Fox Hill Village) residents and their guests in the Main Dining Room, Hunt Room, and Café by maintaining professional, courteous, and accurate service with a smile. Set-up of station prior to shift, maintain orders in station and clean up and proper re-setting at the end of shift. Ensure proper billing, completion of all opening and closing duties.
Essential Functions, Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be ready for scheduled shift, well groomed, in full uniform (black dress pants and proper work shoes) including name tag and tie.
- Complete assigned daily side work prior to beginning floor work/completion of shift. Check table assignments and ensure they are properly set.
- Greet guests at tables in a professional and hospitable manner, assure they have menus and obtain order while being attentive to resident/guest needs at all times.
- Enter all orders, including drink orders into computer system, obtain, and serve.
- Ensure that checks are properly prepared and processed according to FHV Dining Policy.
- Assure food is served efficiently and accurately. Periodically check if additional service is needed.
- Assure checks are properly signed by resident, closed-out to the correct resident apartment number, and at end of shift, review with Host for accuracy.
- Wash hands immediately after visiting the restroom.
- Wipe down check books, salt and pepper shakers, sugar caddies, and chairs.
- Regular punctual attendance, use time clock properly, and take required breaks as instructed by policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all safety policies including reporting all incidents immediately to your immediate supervisor, Food & Beverage Director, or Human Resources.
- Attend quarterly department staff meetings.
- Complete assigned cleaning duties to keep dining room always in top shape.
- Assist with other tasks such as cleaning the dining area and preparing silverware and condiments.
- Channel all complaints to immediate supervisor immediately.
- Push linen cart to Dining Room and unload linen into cabinets.
- Be prepared to work in other areas of department (Main Dining Room, Hunt Room, Café, Room Service, Private Dining Room, and/or special function)
- Maintain an excellent and professional working relationship with immediate supervisor, fellow employees, Managing Director, Management Team, residents, guests and vendors.
- Perform other duties as directed by immediate supervisor, Managing Director and/or Management Team related to the organization’s mission, goals and operations.
- Exceptional Customer Service and interpersonal skills
- Desire to provide exceptional quality of service to our residents, guests
- Well-organized with ability to take and place food and beverage orders accurately
- Ability to operate a point-of-sale system
- Literacy in speaking, writing, reading and effectively communicate in English
- Heimlich maneuver
- Provide friendly and attentive service, show genuine hospitality/engaging demeanor
- Maintain a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality regarding personal or medical information that is shared
- Arrive for your shift on time and follow proper call-out/tardy procedure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
Prolonged periods of standing and walking. Ability to lift and carry trays up to 30 lbs., multi-gallon bucket of ice, soiled linen bags and room service cart. Current CPR Certification preferred.
Education & Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. 6 months to 1 year of food service experience in a residential and/or hospitality industry/setting. Having a passion for hospitality and service, is a strong team player, and must be able to partner with servers, peers, and management to ensure an amazing guest experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to Cindi Fuller at email@example.com.
Fox Hill Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and are not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.