Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Director, Finance
Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The Staff Accountant is responsible to prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, set up new accounts, reconcile accounts and closes the monthly books.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files as well as reconciling accounts
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures
- Reconciles bank accounts, at least monthly, verifies deposits and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform an annual audit.
- Prepares and files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Manages the purchasing and invoicing system.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required.
- At least three years of related experience is required.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter to Livia Lisker-Blount: email@example.com
Fox Hill Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and are not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.