Reports to: Supervisor, Health Care Services
Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The CNA is responsible to provide personal care services/ activities of daily living, medication reminders and light housekeeping to an elderly population resident at Fox Hill Village.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Any task requested by management that helps to ensure resident safety and security.
- Communicates effectively with residents.
- Observes/documents and reports to nurse and next shift CNAs changes in resident status.
- Maintains clean environment by performing light housekeeping duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Provides personal care assistance (baths, dressing, toileting) in a professional manner while allowing the resident to maintain their dignity.
- Assist in safe transfer and ambulation.
- Participates in the safe delivery of medication reminders thru SAMM.
- Personal laundry for residents
- Responds promptly to radio calls.
- Is aware of and practices reasonable infection control procedures.
- Communicates ideas/issues promptly to supervisor.
- Adhere to all safety policies including reporting on all incidents immediately to the supervisor, if the supervisor is not available report to Human Resources or another manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure and demanding work environment.
- Promote a positive and team-oriented work environment.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to prioritize competing demands on time.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certification
- Previous experience providing personal care services to the elderly.
- Assisted Living Experience preferred.
- Must move intermittently throughout the workday inside and outside the facility.
- Ability to walk long distances throughout the facility.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, pushing/pulling, reaching, walking/standing, and climbing stairs.
- Occasional lift assist of residents from the floor weighing up to 150 lbs. with assistance.
- Walking or standing 80%, sitting 20%.
Fox Hill Village offers an outstanding salary and a very generous benefits package. Part-time employees are also eligible for vacation, holiday, sick, personal days, and 401(k) retirement plans with a generous company match.
Interested candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to Jacinta Murphy (email@example.com).
Fox Hill Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and are not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.