Reports to: Health Care Director at Fox Hill Village
Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The Nurse is responsible for assisting the Health Care Director in monitoring resident needs, notifying the Health Care Director of any changes observed in resident condition, and ensuring that all services outlined in the residents’ service plans are delivered with excellent quality, on time, and with respect. The Nurse will assist with all aspects of compliance with all state and local requirements. The Nurse reports to the Health Care Director and works in collaboration with the
Nurses and CNAs in independent living as well as our assisted livings. The nurse must support, honor, and respect the philosophy of the Green House® Project and its self-managed work team of CNAs.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Engage in regular communication with the CNA work team on each shift to obtain an update on each resident.
- Review and monitor the overall adequacy of each resident’s ALIS Care Plan to ensure that each Care Plan is being administered properly.
- Provide assessment visits to residents who present with symptoms or appear to have had a change in their condition. Use nursing judgment to determine if any resident needs prompt medical attention; provide emergency nursing care/first aid such as CPR, Heimlich Maneuver, and AED Machine as necessary; communicate follow-up care to CNA work team as appropriate; report incidents/illnesses to family members.
- Work in collaboration with CNAs as part of the overall self-managed work team.
- Maintain communications with physicians and home healthcare agencies providing services.
- Develop and implement strategies that promote person-centered care.
- Work collaboratively with Social Work on identifying residents in the community who may benefit from one of our higher levels of care.
- Assist with assessments/ evaluations and care plan coordination as needed.
- Assist with pharmacy medication delivery and observe or deliver medication in accordance with SAMM policies and procedures Evaluates residents for independent, SAMM.
- Assist with in-service staff orientation including evaluating CNA compliance with SAMM protocol.
- Maintain emergency bag supplies and the safe condition of equipment, including PPE.
- Monitor standard use of universal precautions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure and demanding work environment.
- Promote a positive and team-oriented work environment.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to prioritize competing demands on time.
- Exceptional computer skills, with proficiency with ALIS and Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the willingness to learn new applications.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Registered Nurse license or Massachusetts Licensed Practical Nurse license is required.
- Current CPR certification is required.
- 2–5 years experience in LTC Skilled or Gerontological health care.
- Assisted living experience is strongly preferred.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of equipment and supplies weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Occasional lifting assist of residents from the floor weighing up to 150 lbs.
- Sitting 50%, walking, and standing 50%. Protective equipment as indicated.
Fox Hill Village offers an outstanding salary and a very generous benefits package. Part-time employees are also eligible for vacation, holiday, sick, personal days, and 401(k) retirement plans with a generous company match.
Interested candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to Jacinta Murphy (email@example.com).
Fox Hill Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and are not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.