Reports to Director, Sales & Marketing
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The Sales Counselor is responsible for generating leads, lead management, sales presentations, and closing sales, in line with monthly sales expectations. The sales counselor is expected to closely collaborate with all other sales staff as a key member of a motivated sales team.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Achieve the individual sales and lead management called for in the Sales and Marketing Plan as defined by number of calls, appointments, follow up encounters and sales.
- Develop and maintain relationships and generate leads through residents, family, and professional referral sources.
- Conduct all tours and follow up communications with a “prospect-centric” orientation, so that all prospects realize they are being treated as a unique and valued individual.
- Conduct all tours in accordance with the time structure and protocols developed by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Maintain a solid product knowledge of Fox Hill Village and its direct competitors,
- Work with the Director of Sales and Marketing and other sales staff to plan and implement monthly prospect and/or referral source activities and events, and long-range marketing plans to achieve sales goals.
- Maintain prospect interest and commitments through continuous follow-up.
- Follow Fox Hill Village’s procedures in lead tracking and maintain complete records of every contact with every lead and prospect in the CRM: “if it isn’t in the CRM, it did not happen”.
- Demonstrate an expertise in current best sales practices and marketing techniques in successful upscale retirement housing communities.
- Master clear explanation of the cooperative housing model, its structure and benefits compared to entrance fee models, including a clear understanding of all documents provided to prospects in the Shareholder Information Book.
- Understand residents’ long-term care options, including long term care insurance in conjunction with services at Fox Hill Village and the comparative costs of assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing care in the Fox Hill market area.
- Professionally represent the organization at public and community functions and foster a positive image of the community.
- Exhibit positivity and professionalism and serve as a community leader who supports and carries out the spirit of the organization’s culture in every interaction both internally and externally.
- Effective communicator who can speak well to individuals, or to groups, makes a good first impression, and is empathetic towards others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services required.
- Ability to listen to leads and follow up based on their expressed needs and interests.
- Exhibit the drive and perseverance to go “the extra mile” to achieve sales and marketing goals.
- Exhibit a high degree of initiative and creativity, good judgment, and professional ethics.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively as a team within the Sales Office and with all other Fox Hill Village departments.
- Ability to work well under stress, completing assignments accurately and on time, working independently, and managing time effectively.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule to effectively perform the essential functions of the job and meet deadlines, resident(s)/family needs.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a marketing or related field preferred
- Active Massachusetts Real Estate license required.
- Minimum five years sales experience required, sales experience within a senior living environment is preferred
- Proven history of achieving and exceeding sales goals.
- Proven experience in marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales systems. Prospect-centered selling skills highly preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications required and demonstrated capabilities utilizing a web-based CRM lead tracking system.
- Must move intermittently throughout the workday inside and outside the facility.
- Ability to walk long distances throughout the facility.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion such as bending, pushing/pulling, reaching, walking/standing and climbing stairs. Walking or standing 70%, sitting 30%.
Fox Hill Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and are not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.