Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef
Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The Line Cook is responsible for preparing food for residents in accordance with applicable federal, state and company standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. The Line Cook ensures that excellent quality of food service is provided at all times.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and daily prep list instructions to meet production, delivery, and service schedules for a population with diverse needs and preferences.
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature, and is attractive and tasty.
- Responsible for the preparation of menu items as assigned by the Sous and Executive Chef(s) Maintains high standards of sanitation and housekeeping
- Maintains high standards of quality in food preparation using standardized recipes, proper cooking methods, portion control, making sure cold foods are served cold, hot foods are served hot, reporting food needs to the Sous and/or Executive Chef in writing
- Able to meet established food preparation times during busy meal periods.
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
- Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food is stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment, or accidents to supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and department staff meetings.
- Is ready for scheduled shift, well groomed, and in full uniform including non-slip shoes.
- Maintains an excellent and professional working relationship with supervisor(s), fellow employees, CEO, Management Team, residents, guests, and vendors.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently
- Must be detailed oriented and work as part of a team
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, and be on call for emergencies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills; communicate with residents while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions for reading recipes, resident’s orders, and daily prep lists.
- Must be able to multi-task and resolve issues simultaneously without sacrificing quality or safety
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Culinary degree highly preferred
- At least 2+ years of strong culinary experience required, preferably in a senior living, hospitality, or similar setting
- Ability to perform repetitive motion such as reaching, bending, stooping and hand, wrist, and body movement on-line cutting/preparing food items.
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 40 lbs.
- Ability to walk and stand 90% throughout shift.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Must possess understanding of cooking methods, procedures, and proper knife handling skills.
Fox Hill Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and are not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.