Reports to: Nurse Manager
Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The Nurse is responsible for assisting the Nurse Manager in monitoring resident needs, notifying the Nurse Manager of any changes observed in resident condition, and ensuring that all services outlined in the residents’ service plans are delivered with excellent quality, on time and with respect. The Nurse will assist with all aspects of compliance with all state and local requirements. The Nurse reports to the Nurse Manager and works in collaboration with the CNAs. The nurse must support, honor, and respect the philosophy of the Green House® Project and its self-managed work team of CNAs.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Engage in regular communication with the CNA work team on each shift to obtain an update on each resident.
- Review and monitor overall adequacy of each resident’s Individual Service Plan (ISP); ensure that each ISP is being administered properly.
- Provide assessment visits to residents who present with symptoms or appear to have had a change in their condition. Use nursing judgement to determine if any resident needs prompt medical attention; provide emergency nursing care/first aid such as CPR, Heimlich Maneuver, AED Machine as necessary; communicate follow up care to CNA work team as appropriate; report incidents/illnesses to family members.
- Work in collaboration with CNAs as part of the overall self-managed work team.
- Maintain communications with physicians and home healthcare agencies providing services.
- Develop and implement strategies that promote person-centered care.
- Assist with pre-occupancy assessments and service plan coordination.
- Assist with pharmacy medication delivery and observe or deliver medication in accordance with SAMM and LMA policies and procedures. Evaluate CNA compliance with SAMM protocols. Evaluates residents for independent, SAMM, or LMA designation.
- Assist with in-service staff orientation.
- Maintain emergency supplies and the safe condition of equipment, including mechanical lift.
- Monitor standard use of universal precautions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ability to work in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Promote a positive and team-oriented work environment.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to prioritize competing demands on time.
- Exceptional computer skills, with proficiency with ALIS and Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the willingness to learn new applications.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays.
- Required to wear pager and carry radio at all times during the work shift
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Registered Nurse license or Massachusetts Licensed Practical Nurse license required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- 2–5 years’ experience in LTC or Gerontological health care. Assisted living experience strongly preferred.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of equipment and supplies weighing 30 lbs. or less
- Occasional lifting of residents from the floor weighing up to 150 lbs. with assistance of mechanical lift as needed
- Sitting 50%, walking, and standing 50%. Protective equipment as indicated.
Fox Hill Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and are not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.